Monday, June 3, 2013

Words of Affirmation

Oh, Hailey.  I have read and re-read your rant a few times and have been trying to think of what the appropriate things to say are.  I am sorry, first off.  Being female sure has its down sides.  I don't know why we are the ones that feel insecure and want to change all the time, but that's the way it is and it sucks.  

Hailey, you are beautiful.  You are smart, you are funny, you are compassionate and caring.  These are all great qualities, ones that should trump any feelings of self-doubt or 'not good enough'.  You have a great husband, who loves you and cares for you.  Marriage is hard and it's not perfect, but what makes it great is that you always have someone by your side, through thick and thin (sometimes, literally!)

Now, I'm not sure, but from what I remember, you are medicated for depression, is that still true?  Maybe these feelings are a result of the medication or maybe you need to make sure what you're taking is actually helping instead of hindering.  

Everyone gets down in the dumps sometimes.  Everyone has feelings of low self esteem and self worth.  It can be hard for those around us to be supportive when it gets to be habitual, but no matter what, you have family and friend who love and support you.

I am free to text, talk, chat, e-mail---you name it!  I am always here to lend a listening ear and a supportive shoulder!

I miss you.  I miss our MP squared and sleep overs and long chats.  I agree that we should all live next door to each other when we've all finished our adventures.  That would be awesome.  If our husbands could get along and our kids could play together, that would be a wonderful life.  Like Desperate Housewives without the murder and drama!  

Maybe we should plan some more get-togethers.  We really don't live that far away from each other.  It's just making the time and planning things out.  I'm game!

I hope you feel better, and that the right bed got delivered and you start to encounter the positives of life.  Just remember, when you look for the bad, you find it.

Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment