Yes...I awoke to the some nasty weather this morning, just like you Bergen! Well not just like....but nasty nonetheless. I know EXACTLY what you're going through with your early morning exercise class....ha I dropped mine. It feels very nice. I'm not feeling much guilt at all. Although part of it was because I was lazy...the other party was that I'm just too busy. I never got enough sleep to endure that kind of a workout and I couldn't just start going to bed earlier. My schedule is such that I spend the late hours of the night doing homework...THAT'S why I'm too busy for the class.
And yes Bergen, I do have an update for you. Well with Dustin and picking a school...things have gotten quite complicated. Dustin and picking a school have become to topics that are no longer intertwined. First of all, I will explain my new picking a school dilemma, then Dustin. Well I've pretty much decided that I want to go to USU. I really like it there, and I think that I would be happy there and I really like the school....I want to go there. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time coming up with the money. I was ALMOST eligible for some pretty fantastic scholarships (almost meaning I don't qualify as a transfer student because apparently a transfer student is one with TWO years of college credits), but I did not get them based a pretty dumb reason. As stated before, I do not enough credits to be considered a transfer student, but I have too many credits to be considered a freshman students. So that pretty much sucks ass because I spent a ton of time applying for the ambassador scholarship and I though I was pretty damn qualified...except for those credits. I mean come on, why would a student with two years of college be SOOO much better than me? Oh yeah they offer this scholarship to freshman too....so freshman and 2-year college students.....none for me! Well actually yes...one for me. I got a scholarship that allows me to pay 1 1/2 times instate tuition. So it'd be like $3500 a semester for tuition, which is actually cheaper than ISU I think. But when you figure in living expenses and everything else....it's still really expensive and I'm not quite willing to get into student loans yet. My mom is kind of trying to talk me into staying at CSI or go into something medical at EITC because they're both cheap. But I dunno....I'm also not willing to go to a school based on money again. I did it for my first year and I've pretty much hated it. So I think I'll still be going to USU.....I just don't know how I'm going to pay for it yet.
The Dustin situation has DRASTICALLY changed. As you know, he sort of ran out of money and had to move home. Since then he's been looking for a job, but has not been very successful except for the shitty hours Maverik gives him. Alright so a couple weeks ago his parents had a talk with him and told him that to be a functioning member of society, he needed a job that gave him AT LEAST 30 hours a week. They told him that if he didn't find a better job in two weeks, they're cutting his internet and if he didn't find a better job in a month, they were disconnecting his phone line. Which is understandable on their part. So here's Dustin in this sticky dilemma, he doesn't know what to do......so guess what he does? Dustin has decided to join the military. And honestly, I'm behind him 100%. I've always been supportive of the military and it has great benefits. He did it quite fast though. Like...within a week. He's going to Montana on Thursday with his recruiter to get his MEPS done (medical tests). Like I said though...I think he might have done it too fast. He didn't give many branches much thought, just a few. And surprisingly, he chose the Army. Which......I dunno. Why would you choose the Army? I've always heard (and from credible sources too) that it's the hardest and most brutal with the least opportunities....I dunno. I wish I could have talked to him more about it *sigh*, but it's too late now. We'll see how it goes from here. As to what's going to happen to us as a couple? I don't know.....like I said we'll just have to see.
Hailey.....I also want an update from your adventure in Alaska! Post SOON! I can't wait to see you guys this summer. Bergen, when will you be home? Love you both!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment