Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home again, Home again...jiggity jig.

It is amazing to me how fast time flies. Today is my last Thursday in Moscow Idaho. Tomorrow my parents will be here. Saturday, we pack up all of my belongings and Sunday we chance the 10 hour drive back to my home sweet home in dear old Saint Anthony. I would like to take a moment to reflect:

I never thought this apartment would ever be anything more than that...an apartment. But I have been here almost a year and it really has come to be my place of comfort and relaxation. I never thought I would get used to its bare walls and empty refrigerator, but believe it or not, this empty apartment, is my second home. As I walk from room to room (a short distance) I am amazed that our mattresses flung on the floor and our little plastic 3-drawer dressers really became the norm. I am glad that this tiny apartment gave me shelter, but I don't think I'll miss it as much as I miss my home. Maybe when I look into my room and see boxes of my stuff, packed up and ready to move, I'll remember the good times I had here. But for now, I am ready to leave it all behind and start up again in a new town.

My parents will be driving up to see us tomorrow. I am beyond excited. I haven't seen them since Christmas and that is a long time to go without my mom and dad! I am thrilled to be going home and to take a break from college life. I still have a lot to do in order to prepare for ISU, but I know that everything will fall into place. I guess I just have to have a little faith---or whatever it is that people think makes things fall into place.

Things I have Learned from my First year at College:
--I now fully appreciate my mother and everything it takes to manage a home, budget, family and life.
--I now know that I am a severely emotional person who needs more experience in expressing these emotions.
--I now love and depend on my friends so much more than I did before.
--You cannot live off of top ramen and mac and cheese
--Living with your sibling is NOT a good idea.
--There's a reason for everything.
--Pulling all nighters can be a bad thing.
--Lock your door behind you!
--Be more open minded.
--I can dye my own hair without hurting anyone.
--Life is too short to be too serious.
--Laugh at the little things, smile at the big.
--Working out makes me feel good.
--I am comfortable with my body and looks.
--Boys are still immature in college and will be until their mid 40's.
--Marriage is NOT the answer.
--I love you two so much and am glad we managed to stay friends over this long distance and hard period!
--I can't wait to see you both and have a rocking summer.

That's all for now, but I just wanted to take a little time to reflect and think about this past year. I learned a lot more than what is on the list, but I wanted to keep the post semi-short enough. I'm glad we started this Blog girlies. It was a good idea. When I think of us, I will always remember that night in the hot tub when we decided that we wanted a way to keep in touch. Danielle is right, it strayed from it's original purpose MANY times. But I sort of like it better this way. Hailey, hang in there doll. We are planning a summer intervention :) Love you both. And I remain forever yours. One of Three Chicks in a Hot Tub!


No comments:

Post a Comment