Hi Friends!
I hope you all had a marvelous Independence Day weekend. Even if you didn't, I'm sure yours was much better than mine! Miles got an ear infection and has been miserable for the past 4 days. The peak of it was on the 4th of July, and although we tried to enjoy the holiday and its various festivities...a sick baby made us all sad.
We had a BBQ with friends and family, and Miles cried the entire time...the poor dear. He finally settled down and we went to the fireworks, but he was too tired to enjoy them. He loves loud noises and bright lights, so he was entertained for about 3 minutes and then cried more. We went home about 5 minutes into the display. That is the first time I haven't stayed for the entire thing. My poor baby. There's nothing worse than a sick baby. Especially when there is nothing you can do for them. It breaks my heart.
He is already feeling much better though. I am feeling pretty proud that he made it almost 6 months without getting sick. Even so, it's not like he caught something contagious! I am still proud of that. We are super careful about exposing him to people and places with germs!!
Today is Monday. I am blogging from work (shhh!) because I have already finished everything that I needed to do and it's only 10:00. Now I just have to wait until five rolls around. It always does, but man does it take forever.
I am feeling pretty grateful and blessed and lucky that I get to spend a majority of my time working from home. I get the best of both worlds because I still get to work, but I get to be a stay-at-home mom too. That is so important to me. As you know, I worked in a daycare for a few years while I was in school. While I completely understand that it is a necessary thing, and wonderful for those who need it, I really did not want to send my son to someone else for 8+ hours a day. It is so important to me that I raise my children. I am so glad that I get to. Currently I only work Mondays and Fridays in office and the rest I spend at home with my sweet little one. Grandma's take turns watching him in the mornings, and Chris only works half days, so all in all, he gets lots of love from his family, but spends almost all of his time with mom or dad at home. Which I love.
This blog has kind of been random and all over the place, but I took up about 3 minutes of the work day, so I'm counting it as a success.
I miss you both, and really hope that we can plan a day to get together. Really, we just need to set a day and do it. I am even up for a day trip, just to have lunch with you guys. I need some girl time!
Love you both. Hope you're doing amazing.--Bergen
Monday, July 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment