Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday--The 13th

It's Friday the 13th.  Hopefully, we all get through the day without any serious incidents! :)

In honor of our new resolve to keep this blog going, I though I'd write up another post.  Since I have already expressed my sentiments regarding how much I miss you both, I guess I'll just write a little update about me and my little family.

Even if you're not all that interested in my life and its various activities, a post is a post!

Where to start?  Well, my sweet baby boy is 20 weeks old today.  That seems so old to me.  Time goes by much more quickly when you're watching a little one grow.  Every day and every week is so important to their development.  They learn new things every day, and they grow up so fast.  I look back at photos we took just a few weeks ago, and he already looks so much older.

He's rolling over, sitting up (with assistance occasionally), teething and eating solid food.  I guess I always knew he would hit these milestones.  "Miles"tones, we like to call them.  We think we're so funny.  But like I said, we always knew he would, but I had it in my mind that they were off in the distant future.  But they're here.  And it makes me a little sad.  I want my sweet, tiny, precious baby that I brought home from the hospital.  But he's so tall, and big and is just going to keep growing.  

Being a mom is so great.  There are no words to describe just how wonderful it is.  Of course, it's not all fun and games.  There are bad days.   There are days when I feel inadequate.  There are nights when I am so exhausted from getting up to feed him, that I don't think I can make it through the next day.  But then he smiles at me, or laughs, or falls asleep sweetly on my chest, and I can't help but think it's all worth it.  

It's the most rewarding, yet demanding position you could have.  It's a little frightening to be the sole person that someone depends on.  It's a huge responsibility.  But I love it.  I love him.  I love being his mom.

There are a lot of things that having a baby changes.  I work from home now, which is so great.  It's a huge blessing that my work allowed me to do this.  I get the best of both words--being a mom and bringing in some income.  We don't go out as much, eat out as much or have any time to just be a couple anymore.  But now we're a family, and I think that is so much better than just being a couple.  We don't get any sleep anymore.  Miles was sleeping through the night wonderfully until he started teething.  Boy is that fun.  My days start early and end late.  Sometimes I am so exhausted, I'm not sure I can go another minute without sleeping, but it always works out.  

I love seeing Chris as a dad.  I never thought I could love my husband more.  There's something about a man and a baby that is so adorable.  Sexy even.  (TMI? Eh...who cares!)  I think Miles is the spitting image of Chris, and he thinks he looks just like me.  I guess it depends on who is next to, really.

Day to day, my life is pretty boring.  It's vigorously structured around Miles' wants and needs.  The only time I get to myself anymore is when I shower--and that is usually a whopping 5 minutes of frantic scrubbing and shaving (if I'm lucky!) before getting out and taking care of him again!

We're planning a trip to Texas to see Chris' dad's family at the end of August.  I am so nervous about flying with a baby.  I'm nervous about other people and their reaction to flying with a baby, more than I am about actually flying with a baby.  Miles is such a good baby...I'm not worried about him.  People are rude and mean though, and I don't want to deal with that crap.  I'm not super nice myself, so if someone says anything, it won't end well!

Other than that, we are just hanging out this summer.  I'd really love to get out more.  We are homebodies.  I rarely leave my house.  I'd like to take more walks and get a tan.  Bikinis are out for me since having a baby...which is probably a good thing.  No one wants to see this mess! I would really love to get involved with one of those Mommy and Me classes, to meet some more mom's with babies.  The couple we usually hang out with are expecting their first baby in December, but it's still weird to bring a baby along to hang out with them.  

I wish we lived closer so that I had friends to do things with!  I'd love another mom and baby duo to hang out with! (Hailey!)  And Miles needs to meet his other Aunts! (Danielle!)

Well, this turned out to be longer than I anticipated.  Sorry--it's a lot of mom ramble.  I'll try to keep my posts shorter and less baby next time.  Although, that is my life lately!

Hope you are all doing well.  I really hope we can stick to our guns and get this blog going again.

Much love---Bergen

No comments:

Post a Comment