Hello Blog! Today is the first official day of my diet/exercise plan. I just wanted to take a minute to let the cyber world know that we are not 3 crazy girls who feel the need to lose extreme amounts of weight to look good. Quite the contrary. We are doing this so we feel good about ourselves. There are a lot of shallow people out there who feel that they are overweight when they are clearly not. We aren't those people. We are not morbidly obese, or even close to obese. But we aren't in shape. That is one of our main goals. We want to do this the healthy way, because from the sound of things, we have all tried the unhealthy route, and that just isn't right. We live in a world that promotes extreme and dangerous dieting plans that starve and diminish the quailty of the body. Just because we saw ourselves in swimming suits and didn't quite enjoy the muffin top effect and jelly rolls, doesn't mean we think we are disgustingly overweight. We would just like to be comfortable in our skin. I think that's what everyone strives for, but we are trying to do it the healthy way. My advice for this session is--You know your body. You know what it can handle and when you've gone too far. Listen to your body. It's only when you are in sync with it that you can truly find your health. Don't push it too far, but remember progress is pushing yourself just enough. :)
Exercise For Today: Walk Away The Pounds: Walk and Kick (30 minutes)
I found this to be the perfect way to start off my exercising. It is a combination of kick boxing, walking and aerobic exercise. I quite enjoyed it!!
After my nice 30 minute session with Leslie Sansone (who I might add, is WAY too thrilled to be on exercise videos) I did 50 sit ups, 25 leg lifts on each side, I worked on my abs for a few minutes and then did some butt shaping exercises. Over all my total session for today was 45 minutes long!! Alright, I'm off to smell good again! Over and Out!
Hey yall! Hailey here. So day one for me was also day one of my second semester of college! Woo I really have high hopes for this semester. Last semester was really rough, but this time I am in a creative writing class and I'm not in any hard math classes...so I think that I will be ok lol or I hope so at least lol.
Anyway, so me being the lazy bum that I am, I didn't want to wake up for my nine o'clock class and of course I kept pushing snooze. So I got up and got ready and had to walk to campus which is about a twenty minute walk. Notice, I skipped breakfast. Not wise. Breakfast boosts your matabolism which burns fat and shat like that so its kinda an important meal. But I skipped it and went to my classes. Then I had an hour long break between classes and took the oportunity to savor the small bites of a sweet n' salty nut bar...so good. Then I went to my class. Btw my teachers all seem very passionate about their subjects which makes me way more excited for the classes. Anyway back to my food intake. So then oh I went book shopping, yeah that was a huge $385 purchase!!!! and the books were uber heavy and I had to carry them home on my twenty minute walk...ouch! Then I got home and I ate five reduced fat nilla wafers (yum!) and a piece of banana bread. Then I went about my daily doings and finally came to my third point of hunger. So for dinner I had a piece of banana bread, two cookies (my roommates made them and I totally forgot about the eating healthy thing...everyone was doing it!!) and a spoonful of peanut butter. After that I went to the gym. I started with a short jog, then moved to some leg lifts and some arms and abs. I felt pretty good. I worked out for a solid forty-five minutes and worked up quite the sweat. It made it very easy to feel that I have gotten out of shape recently. I felt really good about myself after working out though and treated myself to a hot tub full of some very entertaining boys lol good time!
Well thats my day for ya...ciao!
Hey sorry my post is a bit late (30 minutes late to be exact), but it's here anyway! To be honest, I was with Dustin until about 20 minutes ago and I didn't want to blog while I was with him...so here's my day!
I'll start off by saying that I didn't exercise at all today. But don't worry! I have 6 more days to get my three hours in! Anyway, I woke up and got ready. Then I went to lunch with Dustin at Big J's and I had half an order of cheesy delicious bread sticks! Then we hung out for a while and I went to dinner with his family cause it's Jess's birthday. And we had Fongs! Although Fongs is amazing and I love it, I didn't eat much because I was still a bit full from lunch. So I only had a few pieces of mandarin chicken and probably about a serving of fried rice. And then we went back to Dustin's and watched Jess open presents and then guess what?! Chocolate Cake! So I had a piece of cake. And later during Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I had half a bowl of popcorn and a small sprite.
So really...I didn't eat that healthy today, but I didn't exactly eat a ton of food. They weren't huge servings anyway. And I am going to go to Walmart tomorrow to look for some cheap work out videos...maybe I'll be more motivated to work out if I have a fun dance to do! Thanks for listening guys!
-Danielle
P.S. - I'm feeling much better today. No more flu! YAY!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh hooray Danielle! I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! --Bergen
ReplyDelete