Hooray for the first individual post! Unfortunately, it's the only thing I have to applause today. Just because I want to tell someone...I woke up at five in the morning with what seemed to be the flu. So I've been on the couch all day with various flu-like pains hoping it will all be over tomorrow.
Now that I'm done feeling sorry for myself, I have a bit of info concerning healthy eating habits and losing weight. As we all know, water is a necessary part of every diet, especially a healthy one. Well guess what?! Getting enough water also helps to lose weight. Here is the logic behind that idea. Our kidneys' main function is a filter. Our liver's main function is to convert fat into energy, but it serves as a back up filter when the kidneys can't do their job. Well, if you don't get enough water, then your kidney's can't perform as good as they're supposed to...so the liver has to take over as a filter; therefore, straying away from it's main job - to convert fat into energy.
I hope that made sense. The point is, if you're trying to lose weight then drinking water really helps. Every human needs at least 8 8oz. glasses of water a day. But (according to my mom, who is kind of a health nut/exercise expert) if you're exercising and trying to get a nice work out, you should get 10 8oz. glasses of water. Oh and spread it out throughout the day...don't drink it all at once cause it can screw with your electrolytes and you can die.
-Danielle
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey babe sorry you're sick..:( that sucks! But good thinking on the water. I also read once that drinking ice water burns more calories just because your body has to warm it up as you drink it. So while drinking your eight glasses a day, spice it up a lil with some ice and make it a calorie burning experience!!! ~Hailey (I couldn't figure out how to turn this blue)
ReplyDeleteHey Danielle, I'm sorry you're sick too! That really bites. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Miss you!
ReplyDelete